专辑名称:Blues-A-Plenty
唱片公司:Classic Records
发行地区:美国
发行时间:
内圈码:$VSCD-8358 X7131D   I F P I  L 5 3 1
IFPI码:单个IFPI L531
CD编号:VSCD-8358
简介:
One of the giants of the alto saxophone, Johnny Hodges was perhaps the most important soloist and sideman in Duke Ellington's orchestra from 1928 up to Hodges' death in 1970. The self-taught player made many solo forays during his long career, one of his '50s outfits included a young John Coltrane, but history remembers Hodges for his virtuosic sidemanship, particularly his sensitive rendering of ballads.

Originally issued on Verve Records in 1958, Blues A Plenty finds the alto saxophonist in one of his standout dates as a leader, commandeering a talented group featuring Ben Webster (tenor saxophone), Roy Eldridge (trumpet) and Vic Dickenson (trombone) along with the Ellington rhythm section of Billy Strayhorn (piano), Jimmy Woode (bass) and Sam Woodyard (drums).

"...these are all truly classic Verve titles that you simply don't want to miss...most importantly, the sound of these reissues is nothing short of astounding." - Danny Kaey, Positive Feedback Online

曲目:
1. I Didn't Know About You        
2. Cool Your Motor        
3. Gone With The Wind        
4. Honey Hill        
5. Blues-A-Plenty        
6. Don't Take Your Love From Me        
7. Saturday Afternoon Blues        
8. Satin Doll        
9. Reeling And Rocking
下载地址:Johnny Hodges and His Orchestra - Blues-A-Plenty (Classic Compact Discs 24K Gold VSCD-8358)[WAV+CUE].zip: https://qiannianhupo.pipipan.com/fs/167219-245958867

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

麦屯网

网站简介:专业发烧音乐试听,最新专辑,发烧器材评测,音乐影视信息交流。

联系我们

• 反馈邮箱:sorry16817#gmail.com

麦屯博客 |网站地图